Intrepid V6-2.7L VIN R (2003)
Exhaust Resonator: Service and Repair
Muffler/Front Resonator Assembly
MUFFLER/FRONT RESONATOR ASSEMBLY
1. Remove exhaust system.
2. Loosen clamp and separate left rear resonator/pipe from muffler/front resonator assembly.
3. 300M Special: Remove nuts securing right rear resonator/pipe to muffler/front resonator assembly.
1. Install left rear resonator/pipe onto new muffler/front resonator or, but do not tighten clamp until exhaust system is installed on vehicle.
2. 300M Special: Install right rear resonator/pipe onto new muffler/front resonator, but do not tighten nuts until exhaust system is installed on
3. Install exhaust system.
4. Align exhaust components for proper clearance.
5. Tighten all exhaust band clamps to 61 Nm (45 ft. lbs.).
6. 300M Special: Tighten right rear resonator/pipe nuts to 28 Nm (250 in. lbs.).