Intrepid V6-3.2L VIN J (1998)
Six Passenger Vehicle
1. Open hood and disconnect the negative battery cable remote terminal from the remote battery post.
2. Open glove box door and release side tabs and swing down.
NOTE: If working on a Concorde, the Instrument Panel must be removed. Refer to Instrument Panel, Gauges and Warning
Indicators/Instrument Panel for Removal and Installation procedures. Then go to Step 11.
3. Remove the left endcap at the junction block.
4. Remove two screws to steering column cover then pull toward rear of vehicle to disengage clips.
5. Open glove box door. Continue to pull down on the door until the glove box drops and you see the screws in the upper and lower left corner or
the glove box bin.
6. Remove the instrument panel center bezel. The temperature control module, power outlet and traction control switch will pop out with the
7. Disconnect the connectors at center bezel.
8. Remove four screws to Chin bezel. Two on the right side and two on the left side of vehicle.
9. Remove one screw and one push fastener retaining floor bin.
10. With the Airbag Control Module (ACM) now exposed, slide the red Correct Position Assurance (CPA) tab out. Press down on the locking
latch and disconnect the ACM 23-way connector.
11. Remove the two side module mounting screws on the drivers side.
12. Loosen the top screw on the drivers side.
13. Lift up the module and slide out the ACM.
NOTE: If the module cannot be lifted out, the passenger side screw needs some additional loosening.
14. Remove the ACM from vehicle.
WARNING: THE ACM IS A SAFETY MODULE AND FAILURE TO INSTALL AND SECURE IT PROPERLY, COULD CAUSE
THE MODULE TO POSSIBLY MALFUNCTION.
1. Position the ACM (arrow pointing forward in vehicle) on the ACM mounting bracket. The mounting bosses on the module will correctly
position the ACM on the bracket. Attach the ACM to the bracket with the three screws supplied and torque to 50 to 70 in.lbs. (5.7 to 7.9 N.m)
CAUTION: USE SUPPLIED SCREWS ONLY.
2. Reverse the above procedures for continued installation.
CAUTION: Do not connect negative battery cable remote terminal. Refer to Airbag System Check for proper procedure.