Savana 3500 V8-4.8L (2009)
Engine Oil: Service and Repair
Engine Oil and Oil Filter Replacement
Note: In order to completely drain the oil from the oil pan internal baffling, the bottom of the oil pan must be level during the oil drain procedure.
1. Open the hood.
2. Remove the oil fill cap.
3. Raise and suitably support the vehicle. Refer to Lifting and Jacking the Vehicle (See: Vehicle Lifting/Service and Repair).
4. Place a oil drain pan under the oil pan drain plug.
5. Remove the oil pan drain plug.
6. Drain the engine oil.
7. Wipe the excess oil from the drain plug hole and plug.
8. Remove the oil filter from the engine block.
Note: Check the old oil filter to ensure that the filter seal is not left on the engine block.
9. Wipe the excess oil from the oil filter mounting.
1. Lubricate the oil filter seal with clean engine oil.
Caution: Refer to Fastener Caution (See: Service Precautions/Vehicle Damage Warnings/Fastener Caution).