Savana 3500 V8-4.8L (2009)
Band Apply Servo: Service and Repair
4L60-E/4L65-E/4L70-E - Automatic Transmission
J 29714-A Servo Cover Depressor
1. Raise the vehicle. Refer to Lifting and Jacking the Vehicle (See: Maintenance/Vehicle Lifting/Service and Repair).
2. Remove the 2 heat shield retaining bolts and the heat shield from the transmission.
3. Remove the oil pan bolt below and to the left of the 2-4 servo cover.
4. Install the J 29714-A to the oil pan rail.
5. Tighten the bolt on the J 29714-A in order to compress the servo cover.
6. Remove the servo cover retaining ring.
7. Loosen the bolt on the J 29714-A to release tension on the servo cover.
8. Remove the servo cover and O-ring seal. If the cover is hung up on the seal, use a pick (2) to pull and stretch the seal (1) out of the groove. Cut
and remove the O-ring seal before removing the cover.