Savana 3500 V8-4.8L (2009)
9. Remove the 2-4 servo assembly from the transmission.
10. Inspect the 4th apply piston, the 2-4 servo converter, 2nd apply piston, and the piston inner housing for the following defects:
Burrs and nicks
1. Install the new seals on the pistons and the servo cover.
2. Lubricate the seals with clean transmission fluid.
3. Install the 2-4 servo assembly into the 2-4 servo bore.
4. Install the servo cover and O-ring seal.
5. Install the J 29714-A .
6. Tighten the bolt on the J 29714-A in order to compress the servo cover.
7. Install the servo cover retaining ring.
8. Remove the J 29714-A from the oil pan flange.
Caution: Refer to Fastener Caution (See: Service Precautions/Vehicle Damage Warnings/Fastener Caution).
9. Install the oil pan bolt and tighten to 11 Nm (97 lb in).
10. Install the 2 heat shield retaining bolts and the heat shield from the transmission then tighten to 17 Nm (13 lb ft).
11. Lower the vehicle.
12. Fill the transmission to the proper level with approved fluid.
Note: It is recommended that transmission adaptive pressure (TAP) information be reset.