Pickup 2WD L4-2559cc 2.6L SOHC (4ZE1) (1993)
Air Bag(s) Arming and Disarming: Service and Repair
1. To avoid accidental deployment and possible personal injury, always disarm the system prior to performing service procedure. Wait at least ten
minutes after disconnecting the cable prior to performing any service. The SIR System is designed to retain enough voltage to deploy the air bag
for a short time even after the battery ground cable has been disconnected. Performing service before a minimum of ten minutes has elapsed may
cause air bag deployment and possible injury.
2. To avoid deployment when troubleshooting the SIR system, do not use electrical test equipment, such as battery powered or A/C powered
voltmeter, ohmmeter or any type of electrical equipment other than specified. Do not use a non-powered probe type tester.
3. The passenger compartment sensors must always be installed with arrow mark facing the front of the vehicle for proper operation.
4. Check sensors for cracks, deformities or rust before installation and replace as required.
5. When handling or storing an air bag module, always position with the pad side facing upward.
6. Keep air bag assembly free of oil, grease, detergents and water.
7. Do not expose air bag assembly to temperatures that exceed 212° F.
8. Do not use SIR system components from another vehicle. Always install new replacement components on vehicle.
9. Inspect all components prior to installation. Do not install any components that appear to have been improperly handled or stored or that show any
signs of damage.
10. When performing service procedure, do not expose sensors/wiring or other SIR system components to heat guns, welding or spray guns.