Commander 4WD V8-4.7L VIN N (2006)
Camshaft Position Sensor: Service and Repair
The Camshaft Position Sensor (CMP) (2) is bolted to the front/top of the right cylinder head (1).
1. Raise and support vehicle.
2. Disconnect electrical connector (4) at CMP sensor.
3. Remove sensor mounting bolt (3).
4. Carefully twist sensor from cylinder head.
5. Check condition of sensor O-ring.
1. Clean out machined hole in cylinder head.
2. Apply a small amount of engine oil to sensor O-ring.
3. Install sensor (2) into cylinder head (1) with a slight rocking action. Do not twist sensor into position as damage to O-ring may result.
CAUTION: Before tightening sensor mounting bolt, be sure sensor is completely flush to cylinder head. If sensor is not flush, damage to sensor
mounting tang may result.
4. Install mounting bolt (3) and tighten to 12 N.m (106 in.lbs.).
5. Connect electrical connector to sensor.