Grand Cherokee 2WD V6-3.7L (2008)
Balance Shaft: Service and Repair
Idler Shaft - Installation
1. Thoroughly clean the idler shaft bore.
2. Position the idler shaft in the bore.
NOTE: The two lubrication holes in the idler shaft do not require any special alignment.
NOTE: Before using the retaining bolt to install the idler shaft, coat the threads and the pilot on the idler shaft, with clean engine oil.
3. Using the primary idler sprocket retaining bolt and washer, carefully draw the idler shaft into the bore until fully seated.
4. Coat the idler shaft with clean engine oil.
5. Install the timing chains and sprockets.