Grand Cherokee 2WD V6-3.7L (2008)
Brake Bleeding: Service and Repair
ABS Brake Bleeding
STANDARD PROCEDURE - BLEEDING ABS BRAKE SYSTEM
ABS system bleeding requires conventional bleeding methods plus use of the DRB scan tool. The procedure involves performing a base brake bleeding,
followed by use of the scan tool to cycle and bleed the HCU pump and solenoids. A second base brake bleeding procedure is then required to remove
any air remaining in the system.
1. Perform base brake bleeding. OR .
2. Connect scan tool to the Data Link Connector.
3. Select ANTILOCK BRAKES, followed by MISCELLANEOUS, then ABS BRAKES. Follow the instructions displayed. When scan tool displays
TEST COMPLETE, disconnect scan tool and proceed.
4. Perform base brake bleeding a second time. OR .
5. Top off master cylinder fluid level and verify proper brake operation before moving vehicle.