Grand Cherokee 2WD V6-3.7L (2008)
Spark Plug: Service and Repair
Spark Plug - Removal
REMOVAL - EXCEPT 4.7L V-8
Each individual spark plug is located under each ignition coil. Each individual ignition coil must be removed to gain access to each spark plug. Refer to
Ignition Coil Removal for procedures.
1. Remove necessary air filter tubing and air intake components at top of engine and at throttle body.
2. Prior to removing ignition coil, spray compressed air around coil base at cylinder head.
3. Prior to removing spark plug, spray compressed air into cylinder head opening. This will help prevent foreign material from entering combustion
4. Remove spark plug from cylinder head using a quality socket with a rubber or foam insert. Also check condition of ignition coil O-ring and replace
5. Inspect spark plug condition.