Memory Positioning Module: Service and Repair
Memory Seat Module
1. Disconnect and isolate the battery negative cable.
2. Remove the driver seat cushion/cover (2) See: Body and Frame/Seats/Seat Cushion/Service and Repair/Seat Cushion / Cover - Removal.
3. Pivot the module upward and disconnect the electrical connectors (1).
4. Unsnap the memory seat module (4) from the side brackets.
5. Pull the module rearward to remove it from the front of the seat frame (3).
CAUTION: The Memory Seat Module (MSM) mounting tabs can be damaged during module installation. Use care to properly align tabs to
prevent binding that could result in tab breakage.
1. Place the module (4) into position making sure the mounting tabs are properly aligned with the front bracket.
2. Push down on the rear of the module (4) snapping the retaining clips into place in the side brackets.
3. Connect the MSM rear harness connectors (1).
4. Connect the MSM front harness connectors.
5. Install the driver seat cushion/cover (2) See: Body and Frame/Seats/Seat Cushion/Service and Repair/Seat Cushion / Cover - Installation.
6. Connect the battery negative cable.
7. Using an appropriate scan tool go to the MSM miscellaneous functions and perform the standardization routine.
8. Verify system and vehicle operation.