Optima V6-2.7L VIN 4 (2007)
Ambient Light Sensor: Service and Repair
1. Ignition "ON"
2. Using the scan tool.
3. Aim an incandescent lamp at the sensor to view the output voltage change.
4. The voltage will rise with higher intensive light and reduce with lower intensive light.
When checking auto light sensor, select a place where sun shines directly on it.
5. If the measured resistance is not within specifications, substitute with a known-good auto light sensor and check for proper operation.
6. If the problem is corrected, replace the auto light sensor.
7. Remove the photo & auto light sensor (A) from the upper crash pad.
8. Disconnect the 6P connector from the auto light sensor then inspect the connector on the wire harness side, as shown in the chart.
9. If the circuit is not as specified, inspect the related circuits.