Sephia Sedan L4-1.6L SOHC 16V (1993)
Air Bag(s) Arming and Disarming: Service Precautions
Prior to disconnecting any SRS connectors or servicing any components located near these connectors, the SRS must be disarmed.
Always observe the following safety measures when working on the SRS:
1. Wait 30 minutes after disconnecting battery cables before beginning repair procedures.
2. Do not use analog ohmmeters or any powered electrical test equipment on or near SRS components, except those specified in procedure.
3. Do not cut or otherwise remove air bag module connectors. These connectors contain safety shunts: disabling them could cause unwanted
4. Do not disconnect any SRS components, fuses or connectors until battery cables have been disconnected for at least 30 minutes, to avoid
accidental air bag deployment or storing false DTCs in the ADU.
5. Always replace clock spring/combination switch assembly when replacing a deployed air bag module.
6. Never attempt to repair the following components:
a. Front impact sensors.
b. Diagnostic unit.
c. Clock spring/combination switch assembly.
d. Air bag modules.
e. If any of these components are diagnosed as faulty, they should be replaced as outlined under Component Service.
7. Do not attempt to repair SRS wiring harness connectors. Replace harness if any connectors are diagnosed as faulty. If wires are diagnosed as
faulty, replace or repair harness.
8. SRS components should not be subjected to heat over 200°F. Remove front impact sensors, ADU, air bag modules and clockspring before drying
or baking vehicle after painting.
9. Store air bag with pad side facing upward in a cool, dry area, well clear of acids, halogens, heavy metals and metal salts.
10. Do not paint air bag to correct cosmetic flaws. It must be replaced.
11. Observe SRS warning lamp operation to ensure system functions properly when service is complete.