Freelander Service Procedures
Control unit (ECU) - parking aid - from
1. 3 door models: Remove RH rear lower quarter
2. 5 door models: Remove RH rear lower quarter
3. Disconnect 2 multiplugs from parking aid ECU.
4. Remove 2 nuts securing parking aid ECU to
mounting bracket and remove ECU.
1. Position parking aid ECU to mounting bracket,
fit nuts and tighten to 4 Nm (3 lbf.ft).
2. Connect multiplugs to parking aid ECU.
3. Fit RH rear lower quarter trim casing.
Sensor - parking aid - rear - from 04MY
1. Remove rear bumper assembly.
2. Disconnect multiplug from parking aid sensor.
3. Release 2 retaining clips and remove parking
aid sensor from finisher.
4. Remove parking aid sensor finisher from
1. Fit parking aid sensor finisher to bumper
2. Fit parking aid sensor to finisher and connect
3. Fit rear bumper assembly.