B3000 SE Regular Cab 4WD V6-3.0L OHV (1998)
Air Bag Control Module: Service and Repair
To avoid accidental deployment and possible personal Injury, the backup power supply must be depleted before repairing or replacing
any air bag system components. To deplete the backup power supply energy, disconnect the battery ground cable and wait one minute.
Be sure to disconnect auxiliary batteries and power supplies (if so equipped).
Electronic modules are sensitive to static electrical charges. If exposed to these charges, damage can result.
Repair is made by replacement only. If a part is replaced and the new part does not correct the condition, install the original part and perform the
diagnostic procedure again.
1. Disconnect the battery ground cable.
2. Remove the RH scuff plate. Refer to INTERIOR TRIM.
3. Remove the RH front side trim. Refer to INTERIOR TRIM.
4. Disconnect the wiring harnesses.
1. Disconnect the wiring harnesses from the air bag diagnostic monitor bracket.
2. Disconnect the connector from the lower A-pillar.
5. Remove the retaining screws (1) and position the fuel pump shut-off (2) aside.
6. Remove the retaining screws (1) and air bag diagnostic monitor bracket (2).
7. Remove the air bag diagnostic monitor.
1. Disconnect the air bag diagnostic monitor electrical connector locking clip.
2. Disconnect the air bag diagnostic monitor electrical connector.
3. Remove the retaining screws.
4. Remove the air bag diagnostic monitor module.