B3000 SE Regular Cab 4WD V6-3.0L OHV (1998)
Battery Cable: Service and Repair
1. Disconnect the battery cables.
1. Disconnect the battery negative cable.
2. Disconnect the battery positive cable.
2. Remove the nuts.
3. Remove the (1) negative battery cable body ground nut, and the (2) starter motor ground.
4. Remove the bolt.
5. Remove the starter motor solenoid terminal cover.
6. Disconnect the starter motor connections.
1. Remove the (3) starter motor ground cable nut and disconnect the (4) starter motor ground cable.
2. Remove the (5) solenoid cable nut and disconnect the (6) solenoid cable.
3. Remove the (7) starter motor positive cable nut and disconnect the (8) starter motor positive cable.
7. Remove the cables.
- When the battery is disconnected and reconnected, some abnormal drive symptoms may occur while the vehicle relearns its adaptive strategy.
The vehicle may need to be driven 16 kilometers (10 mi) or more to relearn the strategy.
8. Install in reverse order of removal.