B3000 SE Regular Cab 4WD V6-3.0L OHV (1998)
Front Steering Knuckle: Service and Repair
1. Remove the wheel hub, refer to Transmission and Drivetrain.
2. Remove the torsion bar cover plate.
(1) Remove the retaining bolts.
(2) Remove the torsion bar cover plate.
3. Make a preliminary adjustment reference point.
Measure and record the length where indicated.
NOTE: Before relieving the torsion bar tension measure and record the measurement of the torsion bar adjustment bolt. This measurement will be
used as the preset depth for the new torsion bar adjustment bolt during installation.
4. Relieve the torsion bar tension.
(1) Position Special Service Tool (SST) 204-185.
(2) Tighten SST until the torsion bar adjuster lifts off of the adjustment bolt.
CAUTION: The torsion bar adjustment bolt is coated with dry adhesive, and must be replaced if it is backed off or removed. Failure to do so can
cause the adjustment bolt to loosen up during operation and a loss of vehicle alignment.
5. Remove the torsion bar adjustment bolt and nut.