B3000 SE Regular Cab 4WD V6-3.0L OHV (1998)
Pressure Regulating Solenoid: Service and Repair
TRANSMISSION SOLENOID REMOVAL / INSTALLATION
1. Disconnect the battery ground cable.
2. Raise and support the vehicle.
3. Remove the oil pan and gasket.
4. Remove the (1) bolt.
5. Remove the (2) oil strainer.
NOTE: Main control assembly does not need to be removed for solenoid service.
6. Remove wire loom guide and protector.
1) Carefully lift up on wire loom guide and protector and disengage the retaining pins from the solenoid clamps.
7. Disconnect shift solenoids (1) electrical connectors.
8. Disconnect the Torque Converter Clutch (TCC) solenoid (2) electrical connector.
9. Disconnect the Electronic Pressure Control (EPC) solenoid (3) electrical connector.
The TCC solenoid and converter modulator valve may pop out of Its bore. This may damage the solenoid or converter modulator valve.
SS3 may pop out of its bore. This may damage the solenoid.