B3000 SE Regular Cab 4WD V6-3.0L OHV (1998)
CAUTION: After replacing the urethane installed glass, the vehicle should not be driven until the urethane has cured. Inadequate curing of the urethane
may adversely affect the strength of the urethane bond.
1. Check the pinch weld for damaged sheet metal, raised sheet metal at the spot welds, rust or foreign material that could cause glass damage.
2. Use a wool applicator to apply body primer to any exposed metal on the pinch weld.
3. Remove excess urethane from the windshield glass.
4. Clean the inside of the glass surface with an alcohol-free cleaner.
Apply with deliberate strokes, making sure not to overlap applied area.
Wipe oft the glass prep immediately after application because it flash dries.
5. Apply glass primer twice around the glass surface to be urethaned.
6. Cut the urethane applicator tip to specification.
7. Apply a urethane bead to the pinch weld.
8. Position the windshield glass.
9. Remove any excess urethane from the outside surface of the windshield glass.