Tribute ES 2WD V6-3.0L DOHC (2001)
Alarm Module: Service and Repair
PASSIVE ANTI-THEFT SYSTEM (PATS) TRANSCEIVER
Removal and Installation
1. Disconnect the battery ground cable; for additional information, refer to BATTERY DISCONNECT.
2. Pull the tilt wheel lever down in open position, as necessary.
3. Remove the lower instrument panel steering column cover.
1. Remove the lower instrument panel steering column cover.
2. Remove the screws.
3. Remove the upper and lower steering column shrouds.
4. Remove the transceiver assembly.
1. Disconnect the electrical connector.
2. Remove the screw.
3. Remove the transceiver assembly.
NOTE: No key replacement or re-initialization needs to occur with the removal or installation of a new PATS transceiver.
5. To install, reverse the removal procedure.