Lancer L4-2.4L (4B12) (2009)
5. Within three minutes after the sealant application, install the cylinder head assembly.
]]B[[ CYLINDER HEAD BOLT ASSEMBLY/CYLINDER HEAD BOLT INSTALLATION
1. Replace cylinder head bolts with a new ones.
2. For two cylinder head bolts of the timing chain side, the washer can be removed from the bolt. Install the washer, with its sag facing upward, to the
cylinder head bolts.
3. Apply a small amount of engine oil to the cylinder head bolt threads and the washers.
4. Tighten the cylinder head bolts by the following procedure (plastic region angular tightening method.)
1) Tighten the cylinder head bolts to the specified torque in the order of number shown in the figure.
Tightening torque: 35 ± 2 Nm (26 ± 1 ft-lb)
The cylinder head bolt is not tightened sufficiently if the tightening angle is less than a 180 degrees angle.
If the tightening angle exceeds the standard specification, remove the cylinder head bolt and repeat the installation steps from Step 1.
2) Put a paint mark on the cylinder head bolt head and cylinder head, tighten to 180 ± 2 degrees angle in the order of number shown in the figure,
and check that the paint mark on the cylinder head bolt head aligns with the paint mark on the cylinder head.
]]C[[ CAMSHAFT BEARING/CAMSHAFT AND CAMSHAFT SPROCKET ASSEMBLY INSTALLATION
Be careful not to drop the camshaft bearing.
When installing the camshaft and camshaft sprocket assembly (exhaust side), be careful not to let the camshaft bearing which is installed
to the front cam bearing deviate from its position.