PB 150 V8-318 5.2L VIN T 2-BBL (1983)
Brake Master Cylinder: Tools and Equipment
BASIC SERVICE (Removal and Installation)
- Fender cover (servicing and bleeding a master-cylinder can be a messy process)
WARNING: DOT 3 or 4 brake fluid is very corrosive to the vehicles finish and electrical connections.
- Drip pan.
- Complete set of combination wrenches or sockets.
- Bleeding device:
Pressure bleeder or
Vacuum bleeder or
One-man brake bleeder kit or
Length of clear plastic hose (3/16 inch ID) and a glass jar.
Brake Bleeding Setup
- Brake adjusting tool (rear brake adjustment should be checked)
- Clean shop towels.
- Master Cylinder bleeding kit (contains plastic fittings and hoses used for bleeding master cylinders)
- Suction bulb (for removing brake fluid from reservoir)