Plymouth Workshop Manuals
PB 150 V8-318 5.2L VIN T 2-BBL (1983)
Brakes and Traction Control > Power Booster <--> [Power Brake Assist] > Hydraulic Brake Booster > Component Information > Testing and Inspection > Initial Inspection and Diagnostic Overview > Page 2695
Hydraulic Brake Booster: Component Tests and General Diagnostics
Fig. 4 Spool valve inspection
1. Clean all parts in a suitable solvent being careful to avoid losing small parts.
particularly in the grooves, is not harmful.
3. If the valve spool or the spool bore has nicks or scoring that can be felt with a fingernail, particularly on the hands, the spool and housing should
be replaced as an assembly. The clearance between the valve spool and the spool bore of the housing is important. Because of this, the spool and
4. Inspect the input rod and piston assembly for corrosion, nicks, scoring or excessive wear. If the piston is damaged, the input rod and piston
assembly should be replaced.
5. Inspect piston bore in booster housing for corrosion, nicks, scoring or other damage. If the bore is damaged, the valve spool and housing should be
replaced as an assembly.
1. Fill power steering pump until fluid level is at base of pump reservoir neck.
|[PREV PAGE] [NEXT PAGE]|