Plymouth Workshop Manuals
Prowler V6-3.5L VIN G (1999)
Accessories and Optional Equipment > Sensors and Switches - Accessories and Optional Equipment > Remote Switch, Audio - Stereo > Component Information > Description and Operation > Page 4815
Remote Switch: Testing and Inspection
WARNING: ON VEHICLES EQUIPPED WITH AIRBAGS, REFER TO AIR BAGS AND SEAT BELTS/AIR BAGS SYSTEMS BEFORE
1. Disconnect and isolate the battery negative cable. Wait two minutes for the airbag system capacitor to discharge before further service.
Remote Radio Switches
Remote Radio Switch Test
3. Use an ohmmeter to check the switch resistance as shown in the Remote Radio Switch Test table.
NOTE: The right remote radio switch back is white in color. The left switch back is black in color. The right/left remote radio switch orientation
4. If the switch resistance checks OK, go to Step 5. If not OK, replace the faulty switch.
go to Step 6. If not OK, repair the open circuit as required.
6. Unplug the 24-way white wire harness connector from the Body Control Module (BCM). Check for continuity between the radio control circuit
cavity of the remote radio switch wire harness connector and a good ground. There should be no continuity. If OK, go to Step 7. If not OK, repair
7. Check for continuity between the radio control circuit cavities of the remote radio switch wire harness connector and the BCM wire harness
connector. There should be continuity. If OK, refer to the proper Diagnostic Procedures to test the BCM and the CCD data bus. If not OK, repair
For further remote radio switch diagnosis and testing, refer to the proper Body Diagnostic Procedures.
|[PREV PAGE] [NEXT PAGE]|