Prowler V6-3.5L VIN G (1999)
Front Door Exterior Handle: Service and Repair
DOOR OUTSIDE HANDLE
1. Roll up door glass.
2. Remove door trim panel.
3. Peel back watershield as necessary to gain access.
4. Disengage clips holding latch release link and lock link to door latch.
5. Disengage clips holding vehicle theft alarm (VTA) switch to lock cylinder.
6. Remove links from latch.
7. Remove screws attaching retainer to back of door handle.
8. Remove retainer from door handle.
9. Remove door handle from door.
10. Remove lock cylinder from outside door handle (Fig.5).
NOTE: Transfer lock cylinder
1. Install lock cylinder in door handle.
2. Place door handle in position on door.
3. Place retainer in position on door handle stud.
4. Install screws attaching retainer to back of door handle.
5. Insert links into clips on latch.
6. Engage clips to hold latch release link and lock link to door latch.
7. Engage WA switch to lock cylinder.
8. Adjust as necessary.
9. Install watershield.
10. Install door trim panel.
11. Verify door latch handle operation.