Plymouth Workshop Manuals
Prowler V6-3.5L VIN G (1999)
Brakes and Traction Control > Disc Brake System > Brake Caliper > Component Information > Service and Repair > Removal and Installation > Page 3560
Park Brake Cable Removal From Caliper Adapter
15. Remove park brake cable from caliper adapter. Park brake cable is removed from caliper adapter by pushing a 1/2 inch box wrench over the end of
park brake cable retainer. This will collapse retaining fingers on park brake cable retainer and push park brake cable out of caliper adapter.
16. Remove caliper adapter and park brake shoes as an assembly from the knuckle.
1. Install the 3 hub/bearing attaching bolts into the knuckle.
flange of the hub/bearing. Equally tighten the 3 mounting bolts pulling the hub/bearing onto the stub shaft and into the knuckle. Continue to
4. Install the stub axle to hub/bearing retaining nut. Snug the retaining nut at this time but do not attempt to tighten it to the required torque
5. Install park brake cable into caliper adapter. Be sure locking tabs on cable retainer are expanded to ensure cable is held securely in adapter.
10. Install wheel and tire
the vehicle from moving.
Stub Shaft To Hub Bearing Nut
12. Tighten the stub shaft to hub bearing retaining nut to a torque of 142 Nm (105 ft. lbs.).
full specified torque of 122 Nm (90 ft. lbs.).
14. Install center cap on wheel.
|[PREV PAGE] [NEXT PAGE]|