Plymouth Workshop Manuals
Prowler V6-3.5L VIN G (1999)
Brakes and Traction Control > Power Brake Assist > Vacuum Brake Booster > Component Information > Description and Operation > Page 3678
Vacuum Brake Booster: Service and Repair
Caution: Reserve vacuum in the vacuum booster must be pumped down (removed) before removing master cylinder from vacuum booster. This is
1. With the engine not running, pump the brake pedal until a firm pedal is achieved (4-5 strokes).
Master Cylinder Primary And Secondary Brake Tube
2. Remove the primary and secondary brake tubes from the master cylinder outlet ports. Install plugs in the master cylinder outlet ports.
Caution: Before removing the master cylinder from the vacuum booster, the master cylinder and vacuum booster must be thoroughly cleaned.
3. Clean area where master cylinder attaches to vacuum booster. Use only a solvent such as Mopar Brake Parts Cleaner or an equivalent.
Master Cylinder Attachment To Vacuum Booster
4. Remove the 2 nuts, attaching master cylinder to vacuum booster.
move the struts aside.
7. Remove vacuum hose from vacuum port on intake manifold and check valve on vacuum booster.
DO NOT REMOVE CHECK VALVE FROM POWER BRAKE BOOSTER.
Note: Removal of the knee blocker trim panel makes access to brake pedal and vacuum booster mounting nuts easier.
|[PREV PAGE] [NEXT PAGE]|