Plymouth Workshop Manuals
Prowler V6-3.5L VIN G (1999)
Brakes and Traction Control > Power Brake Assist > Vacuum Brake Booster > Component Information > Description and Operation > Page 3679
Steering Column Knee Blocker Trim Panel
8. Remove the steering column knee blocker trim panel from the instrument panel.
Vacuum Booster Input Rod Retaining Pin
9. Locate the vacuum booster input rod to brake pedal connection under the instrument panel. Position a small screwdriver between the center tang
on the power brake booster input rod to brake pedal pin retaining clip.
10. Rotate screwdriver enough to allow retaining clip center tang to pass over end of brake pedal pin. Then pull retaining clip off brake pedal pin.
Discard retaining clip. It is not to be reused. Replace only with a new retaining clip when assembling.
11. Remove the 2 nuts on the right hand side mounting wiring harness junction connector bracket to vacuum booster studs.
13. From outside the vehicle, slide the vacuum booster forward until the mounting studs clear the dash panel. Then tilt vacuum booster up and toward
engine to remove.
Caution: Do not attempt to disassemble the power brake vacuum booster it is to be serviced ONLY as a complete assembly.
1. Install vacuum booster on dash panel using reverse procedure of its removal.
29 Nm (250 inch lbs.).
4. Using lubriplate, or an equivalent, coat brake pedal pin where it contacts vacuum booster input rod.
Note: When installing the vacuum booster input rod on the brake pedal pin the input rod must be positioned as shown. The chamfer on the
|[PREV PAGE] [NEXT PAGE]|