Plymouth Workshop Manuals
Prowler V6-3.5L VIN G (1999)
Engine, Cooling and Exhaust > Engine > Cylinder Head Assembly > Rocker Arm Assembly > Component Information > Service and Repair > Rocker Arm Overhaul > Page 1282
Rocker Arm Assembly: Service and Repair
CAUTION: The rocker arm shafts are hollow and are used as lubrication oil passages. The rocker arm and shaft assembly on the right side of the
1. Remove cylinder head covers.
Rocker Arms And Shaft Identification - Left Bank
2. Identify the rocker arm assembly and rocker arms before disassembly.
NOTE: To prevent air ingestion into lash adjusters, avoid turning rocker arm assembly upside down.
CAUTION: Do not allow rocker arm assembly to rest on lash adjusters, as damage may occur to lash adjusters and/or plastic retainers.
Rocker Arms And Shaft - Disassembly
1. Remove dowel pin using a 4 mm screw, nut, spacer, and washer installed into the pin. Tighten the screw into the pin, then loosen the nut on the
screw. This will pull the dowel out of the shaft support. Do not reuse dowel pins. Remove the rocker arms and pedestals in order.
2. Check the rocker arm mounting portion of the shafts for wear or damage. Replace if damaged or heavily worn.
CAUTION: New dowel pins must be installed during assembly.
1. Install the rocker arms, and pedestals onto the shaft.
|[PREV PAGE] [NEXT PAGE]|