Plymouth Workshop Manuals
Prowler V6-3.5L VIN G (1999)
Heating and Air Conditioning > Sensors and Switches - HVAC > Evaporator Temperature Sensor / Switch > Component Information > Locations > Page 4612
Evaporator Temperature Sensor / Switch: Testing and Inspection
Fig 4 Evaporator Fin Sensor Harness Connector
EVAPORATOR FIN SENSOR TEST
NOTE: The work area and vehicle must be between 16° C (60° F) and 32° C (90° F) when testing the switch.
1. Disconnect the three wire connector from the evaporator fin sensor lead located behind the glove box.
4. Using a voltmeter, check for battery voltage between Pin 1 and Pin 3. If no voltage is detected, there is no voltage from the Powertrain Control
Module. If voltage is OK, connect a jumper wire between Pin 1 and Pin 3. The compressor clutch should engage. If the clutch engages, remove the
5. If compressor clutch engages, connect the evaporator fin sensor 3-way connector. The compressor clutch should engage or cycle depending on
If OK, go to Step 6.
If not OK, replace the clutch cycling switch.
6. The engine running and the A/C set to:
Blower motor on low speed
Close all doors and windows. Place a thermometer in the center discharge vent.
7. If the clutch does not begin to cycle off between 2° C to 7° C (35° F to 45° F), verify that the evaporator fin sensor is fully installed and not loose
If it is not properly installed, install sensor and retest outlet temperature.
If the evaporator fin sensor is properly installed, replace the clutch cycling switch.
|[PREV PAGE] [NEXT PAGE]|