Plymouth Workshop Manuals
Prowler V6-3.5L VIN G (1999)
Powertrain Management > Fuel Delivery and Air Induction > Fuel Pump Pickup Filter > Component Information > Service and Repair > Fuel Pump Module Replacement > Page 2718
8. Mark the fuel pump module and fuel tank for assembly of parts.
10. Loosen locknut until fuel pump module rises up from tank.
WARNING: THE FUEL PUMP RESERVOIR MAY CONTAIN FUEL. DO NOT SPILL FUEL WHILE REMOVING THE MODULE.
11. lb absorb possible fuel spillage, place shop towels around access opening. Without removing the module, tip it backwards to allow fuel in the
reservoir to run down the side and back into the fuel tank.
12. The float arm of the level sensor catches on the inside of the tank while removing the module. Tilt the module to one side when removing from
13. Remove fuel pump module and gasket from tank.
Fuel Pump Module Alignment Mark - Typical
Fuel Tank Alignment Mark - Typical
The fuel pump module has a locator notch that has to fit into the fuel tank to correctly align the to parts. Align the marks to correctly position the
1. With a new gasket, insert the module straight into the tank to set float on bottom. Align marks on module and tank.
|[PREV PAGE] [NEXT PAGE]|