Plymouth Workshop Manuals
Prowler V6-3.5L VIN G (1999)
Steering and Suspension > Suspension > Suspension Strut / Shock Absorber > Component Information > Service and Repair > Shock Absorber Replacement > Page 4272
CAUTION: When installing shock into clevis, thread sealant must be used on the threads of the shock absorber and the shock absorber must be
1. Coat the threads on the shock absorber with Mopar (R) Lock 'N Seal.
CAUTION: When installing the coil spring, the round coil of the spring must be installed down so it is on the clevis and the flat coil of the spring
5. Install the coil spring on the shock absorber. Be sure the end of the bottom coil is seated correctly on the clevis of the shock absorber.
WARNING: When installing the spring compressor on the coil spring, the first full top and bottom coil of the spring must be fully
6. Install the spring compressor on the coil spring.
8. Position the upper retainer on the coil spring so the end of the upper coil is not positioned at the cut-out in the retainer.
10. Install the shock absorber.
|[PREV PAGE] [NEXT PAGE]|