Boxster S (987) F6-3.2L (2005)
Alarm Module: Service and Repair
Removing And Installing KESSY/PAS Control Unit
Control unit information for KESSY/PAS
If the KESSY/PAS control unit is replaced, it must be programmed using the Porsche System Tester. This will ensure that the control module is
taught for the relevant vehicle, country version and equipment.
If possible, before the control unit is removed and replaced, a read-out of the vehicle data should be obtained from the Porsche PIWIS Tester 9718
Follow the instructions for the Porsche System Tester.
The KESSY/PAS control unit can only be taught once for one vehicle. Switching is not possible.
Programming KESSY/PAS control unit
Obtaining read-out and saving vehicle data from control unit
1. Connect the PIWIS Tester 9718 to the vehicle and start the System Tester. Switch on ignition. Press >> to continue.
2. Select vehicle type using the cursor keys.
3. Switch to Control units.
In order to guarantee the function of the control unit after teaching, the coding value in the old control unit must be read out or determined
again. This value must be written into the new control unit after teaching.
If the control unit cannot be read out again, it must be coded according to the vehicle equipment after the control unit has been replaced
manually. PAS menu - Coding.
4. Select PAS with the cursor keys and press the >> key.
5. Select Control unit replacement with the cursor keys and press the >> key.
6. Select Read-out values (vehicle data) with the cursor keys and press the >> key.
7. The note Coding read-out complete will appear on the screen of the Porsche System Tester.
8. After the PAS/KESSY/Immobiliser control unit has been replaced, the data that is read out is loaded in via the Control unit replacement - Write in
data menu (see Item 6).
9. The KESSY/PAS control unit and vehicle keys must then be taught.
Removing KESSY/PAS control unit