9-5 Sport Wagon (9600) V6-3.0L Turbo (B308) (2003)
If the car is equipped with a radio other than a genuine Saab radio, check that the customer has the radio code before commencing work.
Disconnect the negative battery cable.
1. Open the tailgate and remove the seals from the hinges. Remove the cable ducting by the hinges.
2. Remove the window cover plates.
3. Remove the frame around the inner lock handle.
4. Remove the inner tailgate trim by undoing the screws securing the door pull and the plastic clips in the trim.
5. Pull down the top of the trim so that it comes away from the clips and then pull it backwards to release the clip by the door pull.
6. Remove the D-pillar trim, roof cover plates and cover plates between the C and D-pillars.
7. Lower the headlining slightly. Make sure it does not bend.
8. Left-hand side: Unplug the connector and detach the two ground cables.
Right-hand side: Unplug the connector and detach the rear window washer hose.
9. Unscrew the cable ducting and open it up. Remove it from the cables.
10. Extract the cables at the hinge.
Mark carefully all the connectors before disconnecting them from their components.
12. Loosen all the clips securing the wiring harness to the tailgate.
13. Lay out the new wiring harness the same as the old one and secure it in the same way. Make sure all grommets are sealing tight.
14. Plug in the connectors to their respective components. If in doubt refer to wiring diagrams/component lists for the respective system.
15. Refit all parts that have been removed.
16. Connect the negative battery cable. Set the clock and program the radio code where applicable.
Fasten the wiring harness correctly so that there is no risk of it scraping or rattling.
Check all rubber grommets to minimize the risk of leakage.
NOTE: Spray all the connectors with "Kontakt 61" to prevent copper rust from forming. Clean all the grounding points and apply them with Vaseline.