Equator 2WD V6-4.0L (2009)
Transmission and Drivetrain > Drive Axles, Bearings and Joints > Axle Bearing > Component Information > Service and Repair > Rear (C200 Type) > Page 2685
6) Select the correct size shim washer.
Select the size of shim washer so that the installed snap ring to shim washer clearance is within specification.
Snap ring to shim washer clearance: 0.2 mm (0.008 in) or less
7) Install a new snap ring on the axle shaft.
Do not over spread the snap ring when installing, measure the outer diameter of the snap ring after installation and replace if the snap ring
Snap ring outer diameter installed: 47.5 mm (1.87 in) maximum
8) Check the snap ring to shim washer clearance, repeat steps 7 and 8 as necessary until the installed snap ring to shim washer clearance is within
9) Perform break-in rotation of the wheel bearing.
a) Rotate the wheel bearing in the forward direction for a minimum of 10 revolutions at 50-70 RPM.
10) Measure the rotational torque of the wheel bearing.
Rotational speed 8-12 RPM
11) Inspect that the wheel bearing is free from axial play relative to the axle shaft.
|[PREV PAGE] [NEXT PAGE]|