Tacoma Regular Cab 2WD L4-2.4L (2RZ-FE) (2000)
Camshaft Bearing: Specifications
NOTICE: Since the thrust clearance of the camshaft is small, the camshaft must be kept level while it is being installed. If the camshaft is not
kept level, the portion of the cylinder head receiving the shaft thrust may crack or be damaged, causing the camshaft to seize or break. To avoid
this, these steps should be carried out.
a. Install the intake camshaft.
1. Apply MP grease to the thrust portion of the intake camshaft.
2. Place the intake camshaft with knock pin facing upward of camshaft angle on the cylinder head.
3. Install the bearing caps in their proper locations.
4. Apply a light coat of engine oil on the threads and under the heads of the bearing cap bolts.
5. Install and uniformly tighten the 10 bearing cap bolts in several passes.
Torque: 15.5 Nm (160 kgf-cm, 12 ft. lbs.)
b. Install the exhaust camshaft.
1. Apply MP grease to the thrust portion of the exhaust camshaft.
2. Engage the exhaust camshaft gear to the intake camshaft gear by matching the timing marks (1 and 2 dots) on each gear.
NOTICE: There are, also timing marks (for TDC) on each gear. Do not use these marks.
3. Roll down the exhaust camshaft onto the bearing journals while engaging gears with each other.