Volkswagen Workshop Manuals
Eos (1F7) V6-3.2L (BUB) (2008)
Relays and Modules > Relays and Modules - Cruise Control > Cruise Control Module > Component Information > Technical Service Bulletins > All Other Service Bulletins for Cruise Control Module: > 5708-10 > Oct > 08 > Keyless Entry/Starting - Remote Key Inoperative > Page 208
Verify remote has not lost synchronization.
Synchronization is not a warrantable concern.
(A5) Jetta, GTI/Rabbit/R32, Eos,
- Switch ON ignition with spare key.
Tiguan, Jetta Sport Wagen
- Unlock driver door manually by inserting main key in driver door lock cylinder.
- Press unlock button once on remote.
- Remove spare key from ignition lock cylinder.
- Close driver door and verify remote functionality.
(B6) Passat Sedan, Wagon, & CC
Tip: Care must be taken when removing cover from door handle to expose lock cylinder.
- Unlock driver door manually with emergency key (spare).
- Switch ON ignition with main key.
Touareg & Phaeton
- Unlock driver side door manually using door lock cylinder.
- Switch ON ignition.
(B5) Passat, Passat Wagon
- Press lock or unlock button (ONE TIME) for one second.
(A4)Golf/Jetta (including Wagon)
- Vehicle remains locked.
- Control unit recognizes only one key code via the master key.
- Lock or unlock vehicle with MASTER KEY.
New Beetle/New Beetle Convertible - Procedure is complete.
If remote is still inoperative, perform the following:
Remove battery from remote; see Repair Manual Group 57 - Front doors, Central locking system, Central locking system, in ElsaWeb.
Perform a capacitive discharge by pressing down for 5 seconds any button on remote with battery removed.
Install new battery and reassemble remote in reverse order.
Verify operation of remote.
If remote remains Inoperative, perform ALL of the following:
Remove new battery and verify surface voltage is at least 3.0 V
Perform an additional capacitive discharge by pressing down any button on remote for 5 seconds while battery is removed. This will erase the
Reinstall new battery. Reassemble remote in reverse order. Verify red LED is illuminating when a button is pressed.
|[PREV PAGE] [NEXT PAGE]|