Volkswagen Workshop Manuals
Passat Sedan V6-3.6L (BLV) (2008)
Powertrain Management > PROM - Programmable Read Only Memory > Component Information > Technical Service Bulletins > Computers/Controls - Software Version Management Info. > Page 3802
2. Ensure that the following tester requirements are met:
VAS 5051A Minimum Base CD Version 15.00 installed
VAS 5051B/5052 Minimum Base CD Version 15.0 installed
Minimum Brand CD Version 15.96 installed regardless of tester used
VAS 5051X is plugged into a 110V AC Power supply at all times
Connect 5051B and 5052 to the Local Network
Connect 5051A to the Local Network before tester startup
Prior to launching VAS-PC application and starting control module update process, confirm tester screen saver and power settings in accordance
When using a VAS 5051B or VAS 5052A tester in conjunction with a VAS 5054A wireless transmitter head for a flash procedure, please connect a USB
3. Ensure the following vehicle requirements are met:
Connect vehicle to a powered Volkswagen approved Midtronics/InCharge 940 (INC-940) tester/charger
Battery MUST have, and MUST maintain a minimum no-load charge of 12.5V
Turn off the radio and all other accessories, and when necessary, switch running lights off
Turn off any appliances with high electromagnetic radiation (i.e. mobile phones)
4. The Owner's Control Module Tuning Consent Form has been completed as necessary.
5. In the VAS Tester enter into GFF program. Allow GFF to interrogate all control modules before proceeding.
6. Address or record all DTCs related to a customer concern before continuing. Sporadic communication DTCs will be created during the flash
procedure and must be erased with all other sporadic DTCs by GFF after exiting the flash test plan.
If GFF does not interrogate all control modules, manually select and interrogate remaining modules before proceeding
7. Enter the SVM test plan by selecting the following inside GFF: Go to >> Function/Component Selection >> Software Version Management >>
8. Follow the on screen prompts for the SVM update procedure and enter the SVM Unit Code (Action Code) found in the Conditional Technical
Bulletin when requested.
9. Enter your GeKo ID when requested and data will be transmitted to the SVM server, which will respond with instructions to continue. The procedure
may include one, or any combination of the following for one or multiple control modules as specified in the Technical Bulletin/RVU:
Check a Control Module
This will occur when SVM does not recognize the control module as valid for the vehicle. If there is no customer concern and no DTC regarding this
Update a Control Module (flash)
Code a Control Module
10. During the flash procedure, an estimated time will be shown which is not used for actual SRT calculation at this time.
ALWAYS continue until the following text is displayed: "Vehicle conversion/update has been successfully performed. The changes have been stored in
A warranty claim may not be reimbursed if there is no confirmation response to support the claim or action is carried out that is not explicitly stated in
11. Verify that all steps or special procedures mentioned in the Technical Bulletin/RVU have been carried out, and then finish the test plan and Exit
GFF via the Go to button. Answer the Warranty questions accordingly and print out or save the Diagnostic Log when prompted.
|[PREV PAGE] [NEXT PAGE]|