Volvo Workshop Manuals
V70 GL L5-2.4L VIN 55 B5254S (1998)
Brakes and Traction Control > Disc Brake System > Brake Rotor/Disc > Component Information > Service and Repair > Front Brake Disc, Replacement [QQQ] > Page 5090
- Remove both caliper mounting bolts and remove mounting.
Cleaning and checking
Cleaning is important to prevent lateral run-out in brake disc.
- Make sure that hub flange is clean. Remove rust with a steel blade and steel brush.
Installing brake disc
Handle new brake disc with care. Careless handling can cause damage (e.g. twisting).
- Install new brake disc. Tighten locating pins (and bolt) to 8 Nm (6 ft lb).
- Install caliper mounting with new mounting bolts. Tighten both mounting bolts to 100 Nm (75 ft lb)
- Go to Front Wheel Brake Linings, Replacement [MMMA7-MMMA13]. See: Brake Pad/Service and Repair
|[PREV PAGE] [NEXT PAGE]|