Volvo Workshop Manuals
V70 GL L5-2.4L VIN 55 B5254S (1998)
Brakes and Traction Control > Hydraulic System, Brakes > Brake Hose/Line > Component Information > Specifications > Page 5154
Brake Hose/Line: Service and Repair
UUU. Brake pipes and hoses, replacement
UUUA. Brake pipe and hoses, replacement
- Remove brake pipe and hoses.
Check that brake pipe and hoses are not damaged by plastic mounting to the left on the rear axle when they are removed.
Installing brake pipe
- Install pipe. It may need bending to the right shape.
Installing brake hoses
- Install hoses. Hoses must not be twisted when in position. Hoses have white lines running along them which show clearly if they are twisted.
- Bleed braking system as per: Bleeding brakes. See: Brake Bleeding/Service and Repair
Always carry out the following cleaning procedure after overhauling the braking system or installing new parts to remove old brake fluid and dirt.
- Clean brake pipe by flushing out with clean brake fluid or turpentine.
|[PREV PAGE] [NEXT PAGE]|