V70 XC AWD L5-2.4L Turbo VIN 56 B5254T (1998)
- Remove both caliper mounting bolts and remove mounting.
- Remove locating pins (and bolt on earlier models).
- Remove brake disc.
Cleaning and checking
Cleaning is important to prevent lateral run-out in brake disc.
- Make sure that hub flange is clean. Remove rust with a steel blade and steel brush.
- Check hub.
- If hub is damaged, measure hub lateral run out as per SSSA. Measuring lateral run-out in hub. See: Testing and Inspection
Installing brake disc
Handle new brake disc with care. Careless handling can cause damage (e.g. twisting).
- Install new brake disc. Tighten locating pins (and bolt) to 8 Nm (6 ft lb).
- Install caliper mounting with new mounting bolts. Tighten both mounting bolts to 100 Nm (75 ft lb)
- Go to Front Wheel Brake Linings, Replacement [MMMA7-MMMA13]. See: Brake Pad/Service and Repair