V70 XC AWD L5-2.4L Turbo VIN 56 B5254T (1998)
Removing brake hose
- Unscrew brake caliper from brake hose.
- Drain remaining brake fluid.
Dismantling brake caliper
Take care to avoid getting fingers caught when piston is pushed out.
- Put a block of wood in front of piston. Push piston out carefully using compressed air.
- Remove dirt guard (3).
- Remove 0-ring (4). Use weatherstrip tool 981 4071 or similar so as not to damage edges of groove.
- Remove rubber bushings (7) and bleed nipple (5).
Cleaning and inspection
- Clean components in turpentine. Check for wear, damage, cracks and rust. Replace components if necessary.
- Always replace 0-ring and dirt guard during overhaul. Take particular care to clean ducts and grooves of 0- ring and dirt guard.
- If cylinder is badly marked, scratched etc., replace complete caliper.
- Remove minor rust deposits with fine sandpaper.
Assembling brake caliper