V70 XC AWD L5-2.4L Turbo VIN 56 B5254T (1998)
Ignition Switch: Service and Repair
Replacing Steering Column Cover
Replacing steering column cover
- Remove the ignition key.
- Lower and pull the steering wheel out as far as possible.
Removing steering column cover
- Undo the screws.
- Pull the lower cover loose and remove it.
- Fold up the upper cover.
- Remove the mounting for the apron molding by beginning unhooking from the side.
- Locate the lower cover. Check that the seals for the stalks are correctly positioned.
- Position the upper cover. Press the apron molding into place. Begin pressing from the center.
- Place the upper cover on the lower cover guides. Press the lower cover into place. Check that the seals for the stalks are correctly positioned.
- Install the screws.
- Everything else is installed in reverse order.