XC70 L5-2.5L Turbo VIN 59 B5254T2 (2003)
Communications Control Module: Service and Repair
Phone module (PHM), replacing
Removing the phone module (PHM)
Action before removing phone module (PHM):
Note! If possible, always read off the telephone number for the customer's private subscription before removing the phone module (PHM).
Read off the customer's telephone number as follows:
1. Key position 1.
2. Press the ON button if the car phone is switched off (the green LED on the phone module (PHM) should be lit up).
3. Press the YES button to activate the car phone menu selection.
4. Press in (9, 8, 7) on the keypad.
5. Press the right arrow button twice. The "Phone ESN" menu option now appears in the display in the driver information module (DIM).
6. Press the right arrow button once. The "KRC" menu option will appear in the display.
7. Press once on right arrow key. Menu selection "Phone MIN" is now shown in the display.
8. Press the YES button.
9. The telephone number for the customer's private subscription will now appear in the display. Note down this telephone number.
10. Press twice on the NO button to return to the phone's start position.
To avoid accidental calls to the Volvo On Call Plus Customer Service Center, always disconnect the power for Volvo On Call Plus if replacing the
phone module (PHM). This is done by removing the reserve battery from the phone module (PHM). See Reserve battery Volvo On Call, replacing See:
Accessories and Optional Equipment/Emergency Battery/Service and Repair.
Remove the radio/telephone. See Radio/carphone, replacing See: Accessories and Optional Equipment/Cellular Phone/Service and Repair/Removal and
Press in the catches at the top and bottom edges of the phone module (PHM).
Disconnect the connectors. Remove the phone module (PHM) (3).
Installing the phone module (PHM)