Volvo Workshop Manuals
XC90 AWD L5-2.5L Turbo VIN 59 B5254T2 (2005)
Relays and Modules > Relays and Modules - Accessories and Optional Equipment > Communications Control Module > Component Information > Description and Operation > Audio Module (AUD) > Page 264
Has an output of 25 W per channel. The control module has 4 channels, giving a total output of 100 W.
Has an output of 40 W per channel. The control module has 4 channels, giving a total output of 160 W. There are two versions, one with four
Has an output of 70 W per channel plus an output of 25 W for the channel for the centrally-mounted loudspeaker. The control module has four
Each version of the audio module (AUD) has a different number of loudspeakers and different loudspeaker models.
Functions in the audio module (AUD)
The audio module (AUD) can run a number of different functions, but these functions can also be activated by other nodes. An example of these
Functions in the audio module (AUD):
1. Adjustable volume, raises and lowers the volume
signals for the reverse (reverse) warning function
5. Limiter, the limiter function in the control module does not permit an increase in the power output level if this leads to a fall in sound quality
and system generated sound signals. An example of this is where a CD is playing (background noise) and the carphone rings (foreground noise).
7. Digital bass speaker output, the control module transmits sound signals to the bass speakers via the MOST network. The signal is processed in
the audio module (AUD) before it is transmitted on the MOST network to the subwoofer module (SUB)
8. Bass compensation, the bass from the control module is compensated or modified depending on the volume level and the speed of the car. If the
vehicle speed and volume level changes, the bass compensation is also changed
9. Treble compensation, the treble in the control module is compensated or modified depending on how the volume is changed. If the volume
changes, the treble compensation also changes
10. Equalizer setting, sound compensation, there are different settings for the sound from the audio module (AUD). This compensates for factors
such as the location of the loudspeakers and the layout of the car interior
11. Dolby ProLogic II, a surround decoder for sound reproduction.
There are two types of sound, foreground sound and background sound. The sounds which are foreground and background are listed below.
carphone settings (setting the ring signal)
system generated sound from the audio module (AUD) (different types of alarm sound)
analogue radio, AM/FM
digital radio, DAB
The functions in the different versions of the audio module (AUD) are:
1. adjustable volume
1. adjustable volume
|[PREV PAGE] [NEXT PAGE]|