XC90 AWD L6-2.9L Turbo VIN 91 B6294T (2004)
Air Bag(s) Arming and Disarming: Service Precautions
Supplementary Restraint System (SRS)
Supplementary restraint system (SRS)
As the illustrations in this service information are used for different model years and/or models, some variation may occur. However, the essential
information in the illustrations is always correct.
Safety equipment (Supplemental Restraint System (SRS))
Warning! The car has pyrotechnical airbags and seat belt tensioners. The components in the SRS system must be treated very carefully during
repair to avoid:
personal injury when carrying out repairs
damage to or malfunction of the SRS (supplemental restraint system) system.
Warning! Work on SRS (supplemental restraint system) systems must always be carried out by a qualified workshop.
See the relevant section for further information about safety and repair of the SRS (supplemental restraint system):
1. the steering wheel module (SRS). See 1. Steering wheel module (SWM) (SRS)
2. the passenger airbag module (SRS). See 2. Passenger airbag module (SRS)
3. the airbag module seat (SIPS) and sensors in the B and C posts and at the front member. See 3. Airbag module seat (SIPS)
4. the seat belts and seat belt tensioners for the front and rear seats. See 4. Seat belts and seat belt tensioners
5. the inflatable curtain (IC) module. See 5. Inflatable curtain (IC) module
6. the whiplash system. See 6. Whiplash system
7. the Supplemental Restraint System Module (SRS). See 7. Supplemental restraint system control module (SRS)
8. other safety system components. See 8. Other SRS components.
Note! There are five and seven seater versions of the XC90.
1. Steering wheel module (SWM) (SRS)