XC90 FWD L6-3.2L VIN 95 B6324S5 (2011)
If using a printed copy of this Retailer Technical Journal, first check for the latest online version.
BLIS (Blind Spot Information System)
This instruction describes the repair method for "BLIS service required" message in the Drivers Information Module (DIM), when the following DTC's
are stored: B118C04 and B118D04. Either on Driver door module (DDM) or passenger door module (PDM) side.
The DTC may have been set because of contamination of the connector/terminal.
It is possible that water intrusion caused the contamination.
Verify the DTC's stored and if the status of the connector/terminal is according to the description:
- Remove the door panel according VIDA group 8-851 instructions.
- Clean & prepare the mirror connector @ the DDM/PDM according the attached instructions.
- Re-install the door panel according VIDA group 8 - 851 instructions.
- Check/clear DTC's
VOLVO STANDARD TIMES GUIDE (VSTG) INFO:
VSTG OPERATION NUMBER:
85120-2 door panel removal/installation
99400-2 General check/adjust acc to Technical Journal
- Claims may be submitted under the new car warranty when there is a documented customer complaint using claim type: 01
- Labor times are valid at the time of release and are subject to change.