Intrepid V6-2.7L VIN R (2003)
1. Open hood and disconnect the negative battery cable remote terminal from the remote battery post.
2. Wait two minutes for the system reserve capacitor to discharge before servicing any airbag components.
3. Open glove box door and release side tabs and swing down.
NOTE: If working on a Concorde, the Instrument Panel must be removed. Refer to Body, Instrument Panel, for Removal. Then go to Step 11.
4. Remove the left endcap at the junction block.
5. Remove two screws to steering column cover then pull toward rear of vehicle to disengage clips.
6. Open glove box door. Continue to pull down on the door until the glove box drops and you see the screws in the upper and lower left corner or the
glove box bin.
7. Remove the instrument panel center bezel. The temperature control module, power outlet and traction control switch will pop out with the center
8. Disconnect the connectors at center bezel.
9. Remove four screws to Chin bezel. Two on the right side and two on the left side of vehicle.
10. Remove one screw and one push fastener retaining floor bin.
11. With the ORC now exposed, slide the red Connector Position Assurance (CPA) tab out. Press down on the locking latch and disconnect the ORC
12. Remove the two side module mounting screws on the drivers side.
13. Loosen the top screw on the drivers side.
14. Lift up the module and slide out the ORC.
NOTE: If the ORC cannot be lifted out, the passenger side screw needs some additional loosening.
15. Remove the ORC from vehicle.
WARNING: THE ORC IS A SAFETY MODULE. FAILURE TO INSTALL AND SECURE IT PROPERLY COULD CAUSE THE
MODULE TO MALFUNCTION AND CAUSE PERSONAL INJURY.
1. Position the ORC (arrow pointing forward in vehicle) on the ORC mounting bracket. The mounting bosses on the controller will correctly position
the ORC on the bracket. Attach the ORC to the bracket with the three screws supplied and torque to 88 to 124 in. lbs. (10 to 14 N.m).
CAUTION: Use supplied screws only.
2. Tighten the top screw on the drivers side.
3. Install the two side module mounting screws on the drivers side.
4. Connect the ORC 23-way connector. Slide the red Connector Position Assurance (CPA) tab in.
NOTE: If working on a Concorde, the Instrument Panel must be installed. Refer to Body, Instrument Panel, for Installation and then go to
Electrical, Restraints, Diagnosis and Testing - Airbag System.
5. Install the one screw and one push fastener retaining the floor bin.
6. Install the four screws to Chin bezel. Two on the right side and two on the left side of vehicle.
7. Connect the connectors at center bezel.
8. Install the instrument panel center bezel.
9. Install the screws in the upper and lower left corner or the glove box bin. Close the glove box door.
10. Install the two screws to steering column cover.
11. Install the left end cover at the junction block.
WARNING: DO NOT CONNECT THE BATTERY NEGATIVE CABLE REMOTE TERMINAL. REFER TO ELECTRICAL,
RESTRAINTS, DIAGNOSIS AND TESTING - AIRBAG SYSTEM FIRST.