Escape 2WD L4-2.5L Hybrid (2010)
Battery, Hybrid Drive: Procedures
High-Voltage Traction Battery Systems Depowering
WARNING: To prevent the risk of high-voltage shock, always follow precisely all warnings and service instructions, including instructions to
depower the system. The high-voltage hybrid system utilizes approximately 300 volts DC, provided through high-voltage cables to its
components and modules. The high-voltage cables and wiring are identified by orange harness tape or orange wire covering. All high-voltage
components are marked with high-voltage warning labels with a high-voltage symbol. Failure to follow these instructions may result in serious
personal injury or death.
1. Remove the service disconnect plug in the following sequence.
1. Rotate the service disconnect plug from the lock (1) position to the unlock (2) position.
2. Remove the service disconnect plug and place in the servicing shipping (3) position.
2. NOTICE: Place the service disconnect plug into the servicing shipping position while the High Voltage Traction Battery (HVTB) is being
removed and/or while the high-voltage system is having repairs carried out. If the service disconnect plug is left out and placed on the
bench or toolbox, dirt or other contaminants may enter the HVTB, which can cause damage.
Insert the service disconnect plug into the servicing shipping position. This disconnects the High Voltage Traction Battery (HVTB).
3. To connect, reverse the disconnect procedure.