F 250 4WD Super Duty V10-6.8L VIN Z CNG (2003)
Wheels: Service and Repair
Dual Wheel and Tire
Wheel and Tire - Dual Wheel and Tire
1. WARNING: Use only the integral two-piece swiveling lug nuts. Do not attempt to use cone-shaped one-piece lug nuts on these vehicles. If
used, cone shaped one-piece lug nuts can come loose in vehicle operation. Do not attempt to use past model wheels, which have
cone-shaped wheel hub bolt nut seats, on this vehicle. Do not attempt to use present design wheels and lug nuts on past model wheel hubs.
Attempted use of intermixed wheels can lead to damage to the wheel mounting system and could result in wheels coming loose.
Remove the wheel cover, if so equipped.
2. CAUTION: Do not use heat to loosen a seized lug nut. Heat can damage the wheel and wheel bearings.
Note: Do not remove the lug nuts at this time.
With the weight of the vehicle still on the tires, loosen the lug nuts.
3. Raise and support the vehicle.
4. Remove the lug nuts.
5. Remove the outer wheel and tire assembly.
6. Remove the inner wheel and tire assembly.
1. CAUTION: On the motorhome chassis, it is imperative that the stamped indents located on the tire bead portion of the wheels are placed as close
to 180 degrees from each other while still allowing access to the valve stem on the inside wheel. Failure to properly install the wheel and tire
assemblies can result in a vibration condition.
CAUTION: Do not apply motor oil to the wheel nut threads or the wheel stud threads.
Install the inner and outer wheel and tire assemblies.
Position the inner wheel and tire assembly onto the axle.
Note the location of the alignment mark.
Position the outer wheel and tire assembly.
Position the alignment mark on the outer wheel and tire assembly as close to 180 degrees away from the alignment mark on the inner wheel
and tire assembly.
The valve stem on the inner wheel and tire assembly must be aligned with one of the five hand holes in the outer wheel and tire assembly.
Install the lug nuts hand-tight. Do not tighten the lug nuts to specification at this time.